Here are few steps to follow
1. Login with your email to blogger.com .
2. Open to Layout —> Edit HTML
3. Backup your complete template by downloading it.
4. Check the Expand Widget Template box.
5. Find the following lines using ctrl + F :
6. Now paste the following code immediately below it :
<b:if cond=’data:blog.url == data:blog.homepageUrl’>
<meta content=’Place your blog description here‘ name=’description’/>
<meta content=’Place your blog keywords here(separated by commas)‘ name=’keywords’/>
7. Now replace the ‘Place your blog description here’ with your blog’s description within single quotes.
8. Replace the ‘Place your blog keywords here(separated by commas)’ with your blog’s keywords within single quotes.
9. Click on Save Template button and you have done.
To see your description in action, navigate to ‘view source’ under ‘view’ menu in internet explorer; or go to seocentro.com for the free meta tag analyser tool.
Add Metatags 2 individual postTo follow these steps:
1. Follow these steps 1 to 4 for adding meta tags to Home Page as described above.
2. Add the following just below the Home Page code you created above :
<b:if cond=’data:blog.url == “http://url of your post“‘>
<meta content=’keywords pertaining to your post‘ name=’keywords’/>
<meta content=’description of your post‘ name=’description’/>
3. Now change the fields highlighted with pink with your own posts’ url, keywords & description accordingly.
4. You are done now. Add the above code for your each post.
5. Click on Save Template.
1. Title Tag – Maximum characters Limit are 60
2. Site Description – Maximum Characters Limit are 150
3. Keywords – Maximum Characters Limit are 200
4. Don’t use same keywords more than 3 times. The maximum number of keywords recommended to be robot friendly is around 20.